Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW review
- Ambient noise reduction
- Smaller than its predecessors
- excellent noise cancellation
- Price is higher than competitors
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW is not the first pair of truly wireless earbuds from Audio-Technica. However, they are the first with active word cancellation. There is a lot you can like about the ATH-ANC300TW. They have beautiful, neutral soundstage, good sound cancellation, and slim design than their predecessors. It is hard to get excited about true wireless earbud announcements. Especially when it comes to shows like CES, they come fast and often. But when the company is audio-Technica, you get up and get an ear.
ATH-ANC300TW earphones are unique. They combine Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear headphones for the convenience of a truly wireless form factor. The headset has a 5.8mm dynamic driver, Bluetooth 5, and supports Bluetooth code by aptX, AAC, and SBC. The earphones charge 4.5 hours of claimed battery life. Audio Technica Earbud, on the other hand, have a unique shape for the size of the charging. The case charged via a USB Type-C port on the side. Battery life is consistent with what we have come to expect from truly wireless earbuds. However, we have seen some options, including claims for a better battery life.
At aglance Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW
- Truly wireless in-ear headphones with digital hybrid noise-canceling technology provide the highest degree of QuietPoint ambient noise reduction
- Bluetooth Wireless technology built into earbuds with mic and multifunction buttons lets you control music playback, calls, and volume without touching your smartphone.
- ANC response mic is positioned perpendicular to the driver to optimize space in the sound tube for efficient sound delivery.
- The compact, curved housing designed to fit naturally into the ear for lasting comfort
- IPX2 Water Resistant Performance Headphones Protect Water from Rain and Sweat
- Qualcomm True Wireless Stereo Plus, a particular low-latency function, ensures that you can stream the latest release without any audio interruption and a stable connection
- The switchable fast listening function allows external noise to be heard through headphones
- Qualcomm CVC (Clear Voice Capture) technology ensures that you can have clear, natural-sounding conversations when calling
- After removing the charging case, the auto power function turns on the earbuds and turns them off and starts charging when they return to the case.
- Internal battery provides up to 4.5 hours of continuous use at full charge
- The portable charging case gives you an extra 13.5 hours of on-the-go power
- Qualcomm is compatible with Aptx Audio, AAC and SBC codecs
- Supports Audio-Technica connectivity application for convenient control of headphone settings with three noise-canceling modes
- SCMS-T technology allows playback of protected content from well matched SCMS-T devices
Price and availability
While we did get a sneak peek at CES 2020, you may have to wait a bit to get your hands on the truly wireless earbuds that have canceled. The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW will be available in spring 2020. ATH-ANC300TW has announced the price of $ 249, which is the same as Apple’s AirPod Pro. ATH-ANC3TW will look exceptionally good and offer class-leading noise cancellation.
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW Key Specification
- Driver diameter: 5.8mm
- Frequency response: 20 – 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 106 dB / MW
- Impedance: 14 ohms [unit impedance]
- Battery: Headphones: DC 3.7V lithium-ion battery
- Charging Case: DC 3.7V lithium polymer battery
- Battery Life: approx. 4.5 hours [headphones]; 18 Hours [Headphones + Charging Case]
- Charging time: approx 1 hour [headphones]; approx 2.5 hours [Charging case]
- Weight: Headphones (left and right attached) 0.5 oz
- Charging Case: 1.8 oz approx.
- Accessories include: 30cm USB-A / USB-C charging cable, artips (XS/ S/ M/ L),
- Type (microphone): MEMS
- Sensitivity (microphone): -32 dB
- Frequency response (microphone): 50 – 10,000 Hz
The ATH-ANC300TW brand is in line with previous genuine wireless earbuds, the ATH-CKS5TW. The two matte black buds with embossed housing sit in a pillbox-style charging case, which they snap magnetically. These compact, ergonomic earbuds fit naturally into all sizes of ears and, for further customization, four sizes thin, flexible Silicone Ear Tips(XS/S / M /Ll), and comes with more comply-foam ear tips (m).
The ATH-ANC300TW QuotePoint In-Ear Headphones strikes the perfect balance between comfort, convenience, and performance. It provides best-in-class sound quality and noise-canceling in a compact. Truly wireless design The audio-technica headphones feature a 5.8mm driver with DLC coated diaphragm to provide exceptional full-range audio reproduction from a Bluetooth wireless transmission.
Furthermore, headphones are equipped with digital hybrid noise-canceling technology to provide the highest degree of noise reduction ambient noise. Each earbud has two microphones (one in front of the driver and one in the back) receiving the environmental noise. It feeds on high-precision, digital noise-canceling processors. The feedback mic is positioned perpendicular to the driver to optimize space within the sound tube and to ensure efficient sound delivery.
Their overall design is quite impressive. Minimally; The buds are thinner than their predecessors, which means they don’t stick to your ear canal so much. Silicone ear tips should give you a good seal, which is essential for proper isolation and noise cancellation. You get three different sizes included with the buds, so you should find the perfect fit for your ear.
Features and performance
We briefly had the opportunity to test the ATH-ANC 300 TW. We were inspired with the sound exceptional on offer. Like other Audio-Technica products, these buds play a natural, wide soundstage, with good separation between low, mid, and high frequencies.
The ATH-ANC300TW offers headphones with music playback, calls, and a fast audition function. Outside of conversations and announcements, listen when you want. Headphones also are compatible with the Audio-Technica Connect app.It gives you control of various settings, including three noise-canceling modes. That is Aeroplane, which regularly targets low-frequency noise; On-the-go, which suppresses street noise; And Office / Study, which response to listening in a quiet environment. Headphones are compatible with high-quality Qualcomm aptX audio and AAC codecs and Qualcomm True Wireless Stereo Plus. A particular low-latency function that lets you stream the latest releases with no audio interruptions and stable connection.
The natural soundstage that these earbuds provide will likely appeal to audiophiles — people who experience a balanced, unbiased audience. Alloy chiefs will probably want to look elsewhere. Probably the ATH-CKS5TW, which will provide a warmer, bass-heavy sound compared to their competitors. The noise cancellation sounds good; At the crowded convention center, we could only hear the sound of our music.
Each earbud has two microphones (one at the back of the driving force and one inside the hose tube), which makes environmental noise – this noise is minimized by a high-precision digital processor, according to Audio-Technica. With the Audio-Technica Connect app, you can toggle between three separate sound recording presets. The app allows you to select your preferred audio codecs, detect when earbuds are lost, and verify your battery life.
Charging case and battery life
They Offer 4.5 hours of continuous use at full charge, with 13.5 hours of extra power available from the charging case. That’s not a huge amount compared to the likes of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, which offers up to 45 hours of battery life (and it’s cheaper). The charging case itself can access via a USB-C port on its side. The earbuds have an IPX2 water-resistance rating.
The latest Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology means hi-res audio codecs like aptX are supported. So you can listen to your music at a quality level like a CD. As well, this ATH-ANC 300 TW supports Qualcomm’s True Wireless Stereo Plus technology. You can stream both earrings at the same time. You can reduce latency and reduce the interval between buds. Need a smartphone/device that is compatible with Qualcomm True Wireless Stereo Plus functionality. Qualcomm True Wireless is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
The final verdict
Based on the short time we spent with the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC 300TW, we liked them a lot. With those featured natural representations, they can be an excellent choice for audio files to watch cord cut. Does this look better than the Sony WF-1000XM3? It’s hard to say without testing them extensively, but at this point, we don’t think they’ve defeated the reigning true wireless champion. Nevertheless, that neutral soundstage can make them a compelling alternative to bespoke models on the market. It will Best true wireless earbuds 2020.